Achieving great outcomes costs money. But state and local agencies that serve children, youth and families too often face declining budgets and increasing costs. Fluctuating caseloads add to the challenge. PCG can help you maximize your resources, freeing you to do what’s most important: making a difference in the lives of children and families.
Child Welfare Claiming
PCG can help your state improve and optimize its claiming of federal reimbursement for state child welfare services including all aspects of maintenance and administrative claims processes for federal funding programs. These programs include but are not limited to: Title IV-E; Medicaid Supplemental Security Income (SSI); Title IV-B; Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF); and the Social Services Block Grant Program (SSBG).
Cost Allocation Plans (CAP)
PCG can help you maximize the recovery of funds and assess structural and fiscal issues that impede your agency or county’s ability to maximize its revenue. We can also help ensure your agency’s practices are compliant with all federal and state regulations, including Office of Management and Budget (OMB) A-87 (2 CFR Part 225) and the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements (2 CFR Part 200).
Family First Consulting
In 2018, Congress fundamentally changed how the federal government funds child welfare programs. The Family First Prevention Services Act (Family First) alters federal Title IV-E funding in big and small ways, including making foster care prevention services claimable for the first time ever and restricting claiming for residential foster care settings. Family First has implications for state and local child welfare practice, policy, processes, procurement, financing, and information technology. PCG helps states take decisive action in response to Family First, seizing opportunities and working through challenges, to the benefit of state agencies and the children and families they serve.
Fiscal and Program Compliance Monitoring
PCG has experience and expertise in performing financial and compliance monitoring for both pass-through entities of federal awards and contracted providers of state and local human service programs. Our services include compliance monitoring program development; compliance monitoring tools and a template; and subrecipient and/or contract monitoring support.
Medicaid Consulting Services
PCG is a national leader in management consulting services for Medicaid rate setting, claiming, and billing services for child welfare and juvenile justice programs. We support agencies in receiving reimbursements for the following options:
- Medicaid Rehabilitation: We have successfully guided and supported state agencies to manage and enhance reimbursements for Medicaid Rehabilitative Services provided to various populations. They include adults in residential and out-patient programs; children in foster care; children in juvenile justice programs; and children in school-based programs.
- Targeted Case Management (TCM): We can guide and support agencies from the implementation of Medicaid TCM service claiming and operations through state-plan amendment approval. Our team can help review programs, rates, and activities to develop CMS approvable methodologies.
- Medicaid Administrative Claiming (MAC): We have experience helping our clients to access funds for Medicaid-allowable administrative activities including those performed by social workers and case workers in various settings.
- Foster Care Prevention Services: We are here to help state child welfare and Medicaid agencies to coordinate claiming for services that prevent placement into foster care.
Our financial consultants can develop payment rates across the continuum of care, from prevention services to placement services. We work with child welfare agencies to understand available services and program goals and develop program rates that support desired outcomes. We can also help agencies to identify federal funding support and calculate reimbursement rates.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) / Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) Advocacy
We can significantly improve your SSI/SSDI disability allowance rates from the Social Security Administration (SSA) in the shortest possible time, and with the least disruption to your organization.
Our comprehensive package of services takes into consideration the unique needs of children and youth in relation to the needs of the state. Services include:
- SSI initial applications
- SSDI initial applications
- Dependent and payee applications for children
- Continuing Disability Reviews (CDR)
- Training services
- Consultation services
Title IV-E Case Reviews
PCG is a national expert in Title IV-E regulation and eligibility determination guidelines. We can help you navigate ongoing determination processes, ensure federal compliance with your case reviews, and help enhance your Title IV-E revenue.
PCG can help child welfare agencies to better understand the various activities and programs the workforce supports so that federal dollars can be utilized to support critical workforce functions. From periodic time studies to routine random moment time studies, we can help!