Photo courtesy of Placentia Fire and Life Safety Department
Whether your organization seeks to enhance service delivery, achieve financial sustainability and resiliency, improve benchmarking, or address other operational, budgetary, and regulatory challenges, PCG’s team can help. As our fire and EMS provider partners can attest: teamwork and close collaboration are essential to the effective administration and delivery of public safety services. This team mentality is foundational to PCG’s approach to public safety consulting as we work in close partnership with the more than 550 fire and EMS providers nationwide who trust PCG to help them navigate the complexities of today’s healthcare environment. We offer a broad range of public safety consulting services that are backed by more than three decades of experience serving fire and EMS providers as well as extensive real-world experience in the administration and delivery of public safety services. Providers who partner with PCG benefit from the unparalleled knowledge our team of highly-qualified consultants and subject matter experts bring to every engagement.
Solutions that matter
As a leading provider of public safety consulting services to hundreds of fire and EMS organizations nationwide, we are honored to design and deliver solutions that can impact and improve outcomes in the communities where we live and work. Here are just a few of the outcomes our team can help your organization achieve:
- Credentialing & Accreditation Review
- Feasibility Studies & Program Evaluations
- Certificate of Need Analysis
- Consolidation, Merger, and Regionalization Analysis
- Partnership & Stakeholder Interviews
- Organizational Model Assessment
- Cost of Services Study
- Rate & Fee Schedule Analysis
- Compensation Package & Pay Scale Analysis
- Fee-for-Service Analysis
- Innovation Reimbursement Strategy Integration
- Process Improvement Modeling
- 9-1-1 Communications & Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) Evaluation
- Apparatus Replacement Planning
- Supply Chain Management Efficiency Assessment
- Facility Evaluation & Master Planning
- Optimization & Efficiency Studies
- Staffing, Unit Location and Deployment Evaluation
- Time-on-Task & UHU Analysis
- Alternative Service Delivery Model Evaluation
- Policy & Protocol Review & Development
- Standards of Cover/Community Risk/Needs Assessment
- Community Risk Reduction Planning
- All-Hazards Planning & Assessment
- Training & Quality Assurance Program Development
- Strategic Planning
To identify data-driven and industry-proven solutions for your organization, PCG’s public safety consulting approach applies nationally recognized best practices and industry standards, including, but not limited to:
- National standards developed by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Accreditation criteria from the Center for Public Safety Excellence’s (CPSE) Commission on Fire Accreditation International (CFAI) Program
- The Insurance Service Office’s (ISO) Fire Suppression Rating Schedule (FSRS)
“PCG's team of Public Safety Consultants provided a comprehensive analysis of the cost and implementation process for fire and EMS services that helped our city officials reach a decision that was in the best interest of the residents and visitors to our City”
– Jeffery Gary, Fire Chief of Coconut Creek
“While it would have been preferred to work with the team in person, the digital communication worked out very well and the team produced an excellent final product. The PSCS team is amazing at what they do! A huge thank you from Tooele County!”
– Daniel B. Walton, Fire Chief of Tooele County Fire Department
Why partner with PCG?
Our firm has over 36 years of experience working with state and local government agencies as well as public and private medical service providers across the U.S. We are a leading provider of ground emergency medical transport (GEMT) cost reporting and cost recovery services. Partnering with PCG will enable you to leverage our proven approach, extensive knowledge, and experienced team to objectively assess the challenges your agency faces and identify the right solutions.
As our fire and EMS provider partners can attest, teamwork and close collaboration are essential to the effective administration and delivery of public safety services. This team mentality is foundational to PCG’s approach to public safety consulting as we work in close partnership with the more than 550 fire and EMS providers nationwide who trust PCG to help them navigate the complexities of today’s healthcare environment.
Recent success stories
City of Whitewater Technical Assistance (WI)
Assisted 16 EMS providers since 2019, the first year of the program, and generated over $18.5 million of additional revenue.
PCG completed nationwide research and analysis of the impact of civil unrest events on fire and EMS agencies over the past decade to provide best practices for preparation, response, operation, and mitigation of civil unrest events.
North County Regional Fire Authority Cost of Services Study (WA)
PCG evaluated the overall cost for the agency to provide contracted ALS transport services and fire/EMS mutual and automatic aid to neighboring districts to increase fiscal responsibility of resources and aid future contract negotiations.
Orange County EMS System Analysis (NC)
PCG conducted a countywide EMS system analysis of operations, call volume, response time data, deployment, and franchise agreements to provide recommendations for current system revision and re-designed system options.
PCG developed and updated the Strategic and Master Plan (2023 – 2033) and completed a thorough analysis of dispatching services to explore alternatives and provide recommendations for dispatching options.
City of Austin Dispatch and Equity Optimization Efficiency Study (TX)
Since 2019, assisted 19 EMS providers in the State of Oregon, generating $6.8 million of additional revenue for these providers.
Interested in learning more about these and other recent successful consulting projects? Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.